Thursday, July 12, 2012

Essential oils for LIFE

I've gotten a lot of questions lately about essential oils... which is awesome!  So I thought I'd briefly convey what we use most often for daily life.

My most favorite oil is Frankincense.  I feel like it has just a million uses!!  The wise men knew what they were doing when they gave baby Jesus this oil.  I rub a drop or two on my face over coconut oil before bed.  It has the calming effect on me (it's good for headaches too) and is also really really good for skin- it's supposed to be anti aging and help with scars, so I rub it on my belly stretch marks too.




Gentle Baby

I put thus one in my diaper wipe solution, wear it and rub it on my belly during pregnancy, put a few drops in my baths or my baby's bath, and this is what I personally decided to diffuse during my birthing time.  It's also good for cradle cap or eczema patches (which we don't personally struggle with but I've made a mental note about).  I also use this one for infant massage





Joy

This one helps to combat/prevent depression so I wear it as perfume when I'm feeling a bit blue.  I did it a lot more often immediately postpartum to feel more 'normal'





 Peace and Calming

I use this one every single day.  I put a dab on my wrists and behind my ears.  We rub it, diluted with a carrier oil, on our children's feet before bedtime.  It helps them to have a restful night.  It's also helped our 2 yr old with nighttime accidents.  If they're feeling crazy I'll sometime let them sniff this oil if  I have it handy or if they have a nightmare I'll spray a spritz of it on their pillow or rub a bit on their temples and let them drift back to sleep.  My oldest once told me it smelled like "calmness."  So cute.

Peppermint

I love a drop of peppermint oil in my water or tea!  1 drop is the equivalent of something like 20 cups of peppermint tea.... so very concentrated!  My husband put a drop in a chocolate came he was making once... and it tasted like an andes mint cake.  YUM.  I apply to my temples when I have a headache or need energy and place a drop in the belly button to reduce a fever.

Lemon

I also love a drop of this in my water.  A yummy antioxidant kick!!  It also helps with grease stains or thing that goo-gone would take out.

Orange and Tangerine and Grapefruit oil   More antioxidant boosts in water!  My kids also love "smells" in their water.  They help uplift and aid in digestion.... a bunch of good stuff!

Thieves

Deserves it's own post!!  I love cleaning with thieves household cleaner!  Thieves is called what it's called because 16th (??) century thieves used the blend while robbing plague victims to keep themselves from catching it.  Or so the story goes!  It definitely helps protect our family from illness... we hardly ever get sick!  It can be taken internally even.  We use the foaming hand soap in all of our bathrooms and I diffuse it if kids are going to come over (especially to protect the baby!!) and with put it on the bottoms of my feet to try to protect myself.  Same with everyone else or if one person is already sick.  I love the hand sanitizer too!

Purification

Awesome blend!!  I love diffusing it because it's a natural odor eater, like febreze without the chemicals!  I also put it on bug bites and they're gone in a day!  And make a spritz of it for natural bug spray.  Bugs don't like this oil!

Lavender

More than any oil... this one really has a million uses!!  Burns (sunburn or other), calming kids, I put it on my teeth grinders jaw before bed, swab in the nostrils for allergies or snoring, wear for headaches or allergies, around the ear for ear infections, bridge of the nose for pink-eye, for cuts and scrapes.... honestly I'm learning new uses all the time!

Valor

How could I almost forget one of my absolute favs?!  This one is good along the spine.  It's supposed to help chiropractic adjustments to 'stay' and it also good for back pain.  It's said to align the body.  It is good for courage... which is needed in some life circumstances for sure!  And I put it neat on my belly for stretch marks (alternate with gentle baby and frankincense).  I just love the way it smells too.  One of my favorites for sure.

Pan Away

LOVE this one for pain.  It's like natural bengay.  Or icy hot.  Remember that stuff?  I wish I would've thought to use it for after pains after birth!  It definitely helps my back pain.

Di-Gize

Good for any stomach issues.... my hubby rubs it on his belly because he gets stomach aches more than I (I get more headaches... I think we exhibit our stress differently!).  You can also put a few drops in your inner cheek or take orally.   

I have a lot of other oils I use on a more occasional basis or for blends I make... like my sunscreen recipe or the ones I bring to births

I'm getting Brain Power in the mail next month and I have a feeling I'll use it every single day for my space cadet mommy fog brain :-) Also one called R.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment