Wednesday, April 10, 2013

in a strange place

Yesterday I read something from a caring bridge site that I keep updated on that took my breath away.  A mom that I "met" (meaning we emailed back and forth several times and follow each other on caringbridge) posted that her daughter is having open heart surgery tomorrow.  Her second open heart surgery.  

Her little girl was born just 2 days before June.  two days.  And has the *exact* same heart defect.  And is also the 3rd child for her family. And has the same cardiologist.  And the same surgeon.  And had her first open heart surgery a week after June.  Our journeys are/were freakishly similar.  Now, this little girl is facing another surgery and I am praying SO hard for her AND her family knowing how freaking hard it is because I've been there.  And so has she.  

I am struggling because I feel grateful, so so grateful, that we were told that we don't have to go back to the cardiologist for a year and are off all heart meds.  But at the same time I feel so upset and frustrated that this little girl doesn't.  I know we can not compare, that every journey is different.  I guess because everything was so similar up until now I am just feeling grateful it's not us, but then guilty that I feel that, and then.... I don't know.  It's just weird!  

I am praying so hard for this little girl and that this is IT for her.  She won't even need surgery as an pre-teen (which is something we may have to deal with).  That she will grow faster and just get back to being a little almost one year old like *that*.  

Anyway... it's a really strange place for me to be in.  So many emotions.  Guilt for being glad it's not us.  Pain and agony for this family as I can not even FATHOM going through it AGAIN right now.  Anyway, this blog isn't really being shared, so I doubt anyone will even read this, but please pray for this little girl.  And her momma too.  I want to reach out to her- bring a meal, or whatever she needs.  But I feel like maybe I'm not the best person for that.  But oh- this one is just really messing with me.  

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment